Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dreams do come true

You can ask Alex Rodriguez and the rest of the Yankees staff as they received their 2009 World Series rings, Dear Roxy.

Alex looked like a 10-year old on Christmas Day. And he couldn't have said it better when asked if he'd be wearing his ring, "I know a lot of guys are talking about they’re not going to wear it because they’re too cool. I’m going to wear it every day. Heck, if they let me wear it to third today, I would have done that.”


And what an amazing reception Hideki Matsui received. Not only from the fans, who gave him the loudest cheer, but from the Yankees players themselves. They all huddled around him and hugged him when he received his ring. To tell you the truth, I got teary-eyed, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Jeter homered, Pettitte pitched and Rivera closed the game.

In other fantastic news, the Miami Dolphins traded for the Broncos' Brandon Marshall! I know you join me in celebrating. The Dolphins FINALLY got a lucrative wide receiver and a great caliver player. Hopefully this will turn the Dolphins seasons around.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

PS I purchased my wonderful Yankees ticket for $19.99 and I'm sitting down, unlike the $80 plus standing room only tickets. But I will join you in Fenway, with my Yankees gear of course!

-Criss
Photos: Richard Perry and AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home