Friday, July 09, 2010

Blog Hog: We Interrupt This Program ...

Let's talk about golf and tennis today. Okay, just kidding, I know the big talk is about LeBron James, Dear Criss, but I'm a little over-saturated with such news. I literally barfed last night. Well, maybe not because of him, but it sure is a coincidence. Okay, clearly too much information.

So he picked the Heat. When the local news went around town showing how excited people were, it was humorous. There was little excitement. A few people here and there cheering, a few more later in the night, but mostly the usual unsportstownlike atmosphere. The seats may fill up one season, but I'll be surprised if they can keep them filled consistently and for consecutive seasons. Why is South Florida like this? Dunno. When the new Marlins stadium opens, it'll be the same thing. We don't commit to sports here. But nevertheless, I wish LeBron well. I know it was a hard decision he didn't take lightly. He kinda looked like he was going to puke. He'll do just fine.

Back to tennis for a moment. I do feel terrible for not even mentioning Nadal winning Wimbledon last week. He's a champ. Here's to many more years of success.

Roxy


AP photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home