Friday, October 07, 2005

I Would Have Written This Story Differently



Yes, I hung up on you, Dear Criss, but I promise I don't hate you or anything. It just wasn't a fluke. We made history in more than just a flukish way last year. It was hard work, determination and skills. Nobody could have done that ... Well, I guess nobody has done that until us last year, and I CHALLENGE anyone to do that again in the next 80-some years. So you better believe I'm proud of them. As for this year's performance, well, where do I begin?

How about by saying, "WHAT WAS THAT?!" Um, that was noooo way to go down. You'll be the first to hear the following here. Did anyone notice that Renteria made the last out in the World Series last year, ending St. Louis' season and ended this series tonight, ending our season?! Coincidence? Kinda weird, dohntcha think? If I ever have to see Varitek looking so sad again, I'll cry. And why in the world didn't they put in Millar earlier? I mean we literally had nothing to lose, and I think he could've really done something. If they trade Millar tomorrow, I'll cry again. There's a lot of crying going on. Listen, so much for these folks they brought in this year (ahem, Epstein). I don't want to hear it from "Insult the Fans" Foulkie, from "Tour the Country with My New CD" Arroyo, from "Wave 'Em In" Sveum, or "Keep 'Em In" Francona. Well, I have a little more patience left in me for Francona, but listen, don't test my patience. Criss, not because I'm not a fan, but I really, honestly do not have a good feeling about your NY. Let's both agree to cheer against the White Sox.

And, on a happier note, I look forward to spring training. I look forward to the regular season games scheduled down here, and I look forward to taking many, many pictures.

Steven Senne, AP Photo/YahooSports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home