Sunday, April 26, 2009

What's the Score?!

Okay, I don't want to start the party early, Dear Criss, particularly since there's another Red Sox-Yankees game tonight, but the Friday and Saturday games were amazing! (What did I write about extra innings?!) When Beckett came out yesterday, I groaned because he was either gonna be on or off. Well, guess what? He was off - way off. And I sort of started giving up because Beckett can do that to me. And then Varitek comes up to the plate, and his first swing turns into a GRAND SLAM!!!

Random Side Note: While I'm hosting the Varitek Spring Love Fest, can I add that one of the kids in his neighborhood asked him if he would go to their Little League game, and he showed up to throw out the first pitch? That was nice. The kids swarmed him. It was funny.

And what was that score? It was 382-291 or something. (And really, tell your people to stop hitting Youk.) Oh my, Mike Lowell woke up late in the game and really kept the good times rolling with a three-run homerun and a three-run double. I admit, I grumbled a few what's-the-deal-Lowell comments earlier in the game. Sorry. One more to go. I'm crossing my fingers.

(Celtics lost today in double-overtime. That was ridiculously frustrating. Series tied. Jazz barely hanging on.)

Roxy



Photos: Tek, Getty Images
Lowell, Barry Chin, Boston Globe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home