Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Homeruns and Hall of Famers

Many, many thanks to Dear Criss for kindly inviting me to the Sony Ericsson for an afternoon of laughs and trophy ceremonies. Next time, Serena better pull her act together, or we're gonna have to get in there. Get some pics up!

And now, opening day. Ah, how nice. Baseball is back. Allow me to put up way too many pictures. Beckett got the win, the players came out through the crowd for the intros., Kennedy threw out the first pitch ... this is Boston. VARITEK HIT A HOME RUN, so did Pedroia. This is Varitek's year, I'm telling you.

Can I be honest? I'm not looking forward to the Rays. It's like a song on the radio they overplay, then you go to a party, and they're playing it, then you get in the car and - well, you get it. It's a little boring and annoying to me and overhyped.

Then there's my dear John Stockton who will be entering the basketball Hall of Fame along with Michael Jordan, David Robinson, and coaches C. Vivian Stringer and Jerry Sloan. Can't wait for the ceremony. I'll save my long speech on Stockton for September. What a fine player from a different period. I feel like an old-timer.

Until next time.


Roxy


Photos: Kennedy, Varitek, Pedroia/Ortiz; The Boston Globe

Hall of Famers, Streeter Lecka, Getty Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home