Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blog Hog: Nomie

Well, Dear Criss, Nomar's dream came true in a unique kind of way. He is retiring as a member of the Red Sox after signing a one-day minor league deal. Guess who caught the first pitch, which Nomar threw out? His old buddy and teammate dating back to Georgia Tech, none other than Captain Varitek. You know what? I'm very happy for Nomar because this was the only way to go out. Now if Millar could do the same, I'd be thrilled.

Millar is with the Cubs. Can you believe it? That man has nine lives, but I'm happy he landed somewhere great.

It's a very special day for Red Sox Nation, and I think Nomar and the front office have made peace. He can go to sleep tonight and feel like a million dollars, like everything is right in the world. And for a day it is.

Roxy

P.S. Seems like Varitek's dad is very sick. I hope he pulls through.


AP photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home