Monday, February 22, 2010

"Do You Believe in Miracles?"

Whoa, Dear Criss, you're the Olympics headquarters. I love how there was a controversy between the American and Russian male figure skaters. But let's get to what's important.

Today is the 30th anniversary of the Miracle on Ice. I'm thrilled that it's all sports radio could talk about today. And it's great that USA beat Canada on the eve of the big day (Go Drury - Go BU!). You know that Mike Eruzione said Herb Brooks was even tougher than the movie "Miracle" portrayed him to be? No kidding. I'm watching the ESPN video clip you sent me. I can't even hear Al Michaels. It gives me goosebumps. I think everybody should have watched the movie in school today. This little guy was taught well by his parents and gives his own version of the great inspirational pep speech, which he gave to the 2010 team, according to the Web site I'm linking you to above (OpposingViews.com).

On other sports, Manny wants out of LA (shocker), LaDainian is out of San Diego, and Iverson is out indefinitely because his little girl is sick. Lots of well wishes; I hope she gets well soon.

Roxy

P.S. Davis and White had a wonderful Indian routine this weekend in ice dancing and should have stayed in first place.

1980: AP
Drury: Reuters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home