Sunday, February 07, 2010

Blog Hog: Stop the Presses!

I can't contain myself. Super Bowl week has been more exciting than the concept of the Super Bowl itself. After being sad that I possibly blew my chances to meet Steve Young (thanks, Dear Criss, for the text messages with Steve/Carmen Sandiego-styled updates), I FINALLY met him!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

My sister and I woke up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday to drive all the way to the ends of the Earth to see if we could get a glimpse of Steve. Well, when my camera batteries almost ran out, I decided I had to go find new batteries (from a very sketchy store, and they ended up not working), AND I had to go to the bathroom (an even sketchier, public, South Beach bathroom). In the process, I missed my sister meeting Steve and seeing her get my jersey signed. I was excited to see my jersey with his autograph on it, as I ran back toward her. You've got to be kidding me. I jumped up and down and hugged my sister who suffered years of watching 49er games and NFL yearbook videos with me and sitting in nosebleed seats at long games - even if Steve was injured on the sidelines and not playing. I mean, she deserves a trophy.

Then, I hung around a little longer, just in case. I would take a wave, a smile, a glance. Well, he came down and ended up signing a few autographs around me. So I thanked him for signing the jersey earlier and said I missed it because I was in the restroom. I asked if I could shake his hand. He is incredibly polite and a gentleman. I got my handshake and called it a day. Nothing could beat all that. What a thrill. Meeting my favorite football player of all time, the person who is the reason why I love football ... just priceless.

What game tonight?

Roxy

Photos by Roxy

2 Comments:

Anonymous P said...

Oh dear... her wish has finally come true. Now what??? :) I got your message and totally giggled when I heard it and made Ryan play it back and he knew right away what had happened as soon as he heard your voice! Hilarious!!! Have you pinched yourself a million times yet???

PS. Yes, you do have a great sis! You better tell her that daily.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Sporting Gals said...

Seriously, I can't get over it. I'm in la-la land! I asked my sister to think about how I can re-pay her. I think I'll have to buy her a hot fudge sundae every Saturday for a year.

-Roxy

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home