Sunday, June 06, 2010

Nadal's Big Day

I know, Dear Criss. The outcome of that non-perfect perfect game was heartbreaking. I just can't hear anything else about it because it makes me sick. But we are all human, and it took a big man to admit he made the wrong call. I really feel for everyone in this situation. Part of me agrees that it seems so easy, with the clear evidence, to overturn the ruling and give that fine young man (oh my gosh, I just sounded like I'm sitting on a rocking chair in 1950) his perfect game. But at the same time, I could see that it would open a can of worms. So I say, they better fix things up in NY (the NFL can do it). I think they should extend allowing replay to HISTORIC GAMES. Maybe it could be retroactive to the beginning of this season?! I don't know. Let's form a committee to analyze this.

On to happier news. Nadal beats the man who caused him misery last year and takes the French Open title. I get a kick out of watching him. We need to see him play live! (Did we see Soderling this year?) That's our next tennis goal.

Roxy


Getty images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home