Friday, August 13, 2010

Staying Alive (or Trying)

Oh my gosh, you turned the blog into a Yankees shrine! Geez, just light a candle. Look, we split the series, so don't start feeling like you swept or something.

Me, on the other hand, well, I'm angry. I'm upset that we always have to deal with the uncertainty of Papelbon. Actually, it's more like the certainty that he'll blow the game (Toronto), and a surprise if he closes it successfully (can't remember a recent example to insert here). Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe wrote, "You’re thinking it. A lot of people are thinking it. But can you do it? Can the Red Sox replace Jonathan Papelbon with Daniel Bard as their closer?"

The answer is, "Yes." I like what I see in Bard.

On lighter news, my Dusty may make a comeback in time for my big game. Bad news: Varitek will not be ready. Why is he so elusive?!!?!?!?! Stop laughing, Dear Criss. I can hear you cackling. And Yooouk? Well, his season's over.

And I just had to put up a picture of Shaq in a bow tie.

You're gonna have to hold down the fort next week. Don't go crazy.

Roxy


Photo: Brian Snyder, Reuters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home