Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Deja Broom

Yes, the Yankees have swept the Twins and we’re set to go against either the Rangers or Rays. I have no preference, of course, but I want the team who will lose against the Yankees. That’s who I want.

With that said, I am extremely happy the Rangers and Rays are playing a Game 5. That means no Lee or Price for Game 1 against the Yankees. The Yankees won't see either one of those aces til at least Game 3! That sounds dandy.

Pitching and timely hitting finally came through for our boys, even from the unexpected bunch! They look like they finally (keeping my fingers and toes crossed) have their stuff together. Must be October, Dear Roxy.

I do feel a bit sad for the Twins. They've lost 9 straight against the Yankees in the postseason. I know they wish for redemption every time the postseason comes, but I think they're better off facing someone else. Til next year, I guess. They're a great group of guys but the Yankees were just a better team.

Same goes for the Red and Braves. With that said, the Braves’ Bobby Cox has seen his last game as a major league coach. Congratulations on an exceptional career and to a great sportsman. There aren’t many of those out there – all heart!
Looking forward to the Game 1 NLCS matchup. Halladay and Lincecum - can you say greatest pitching matchup thus far?

And can somebody tell me what happened to the C A N E S? They got C R E A M E D! Argh.

-Criss
PS: Johnny Damon didn't want to go back to your Dirty Sox but would love to get a chance to be a Bronx Bomber again. Get 'em where it hurts!

Photos: Barton Silverman & Dave Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home