Sunday, October 03, 2010

So Long, Farewell, Old Friends ... Maybe

An emotional baseball weekend for me, Dear Criss. So my boys are not in the post-season this year - it was obvious after so many injuries. But that's not the emotional part. There are so many question marks as well as good-byes that are making me sad (sniffle).

Question mark #1: Will Big Papi be back? They gave him a hearty ovation today after pulling him from the game to put in a pinch runner. He hit the loveliest bunt of his career.

Question mark #2: Was this Varitek's last game? I savored every moment of him out there catching. They gave him a very warm ovation, and he bee-lined into that dugout like there was a thunderstorm with a chance of lightning. (You know I'll be blogging about this more soon.) I mean, his face is just breaking my heart. Please, just one more year.

Good-bye #1: Mike Lowell has retired. I remember when he first came to Boston and when Varitek held up a sign that read "Re-sign Lowell" during the World Series parade. Even Cora came out to say good-bye.

It's like a new era is starting in Boston.

In football, we've got an exciting week: Redskins/Eagles and Pats/Dolphins. Can't wait!

Roxy


Lowell photo: The Boston Globe, Matthew J. Lee
Tek photo: Getty Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home