Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Finally, Some Exciting Football.

Oh no, Dear Criss. You've gone into sports depression, and I don't know how to bring you back. Never fear. I'll man the ship.

So what's going on? A bit. Martinez is leaving to the Tigers. Yes, the Tigers. Five years, $40 million. Never mind he was offered pretty impressive deals by the Orioles and White Sox. The man said "Detroit!" I wish him well. I know I was always yapping about him taking Varitek's spot, but it wasn't his fault, and I tried not to be mean. He had a good attitude the whole time. Now somebody please explain the catching situation, because I'm not feeling very comfortable right now. And speaking of not comfortable, can we please never ever have a story in The Boston Globe titled "What if the Red Sox Went After Jeter?"

Did you see Richard Seymour knocking over Ben Roethlisberger one-handedly? What was that? And you know Ben had to suck it up for reasons we already know. That was pretty shocking video. I don't even think he was expecting that.

And Brad Childress is g-o-n-e. What a mess in Minnesota (kinda like Dallas). I can't look. Tell me when it's over.

Oh, hello?! I almost forgot that great game between my Pats and your stinkin' Colts! Wow, that was good. (The Jets are now regretting cutting Danny Woodhead.) We were leading in the fourth, something like 31-7, I don't remember. Then the announcer comes on with his scariest voice and mentions how a year ago the Pats led the Colts in the fourth with an almost identical score, and the Colts came back to win. Well, I think they played that on the loud speaker, because the Colts woke up and ALMOST took the whole thing. That was pretty scary. Luckily, your boy was in the mood for throwing interceptions, and all worked out. Let's keep it that way. Thanks.

Roxy


Photo: Jim Davis, The Boston Globe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home