Monday, October 31, 2005

But Theo, I Thought We Had Something Special

I thought I would write something nice about Tedy Bruschi coming back. And yes, what a moment last night. The camera cutting to him and the guys slapping him across the back, then cutting to his wife who looked like she would hold her breath the whole game - I mean, ESPN threw in some dramatic music, a great video intro., and I think all Pats fans at home were ready to cry from the emotion.

BUT INSTEAD, I find myself writing this post about THEO resigning. About THEO leaving! About THEO who represented smart young people everywhere and showed that it is possible for a young professional to make educated decisions. About THEO who was a breath of fresh air to the organization. About Theo who made some crazy decisions that ended up working. Well, friends, as my sister said, may Theo never end up associated in any capacity with NY. Sorry, Dear Criss. Not like they'd ever accept him. Besides, he's a Brookline, Mass. boy. I didn't even know him. Hope he was nice, 'cause I wrote a whole thing here. I'm just nervous, that's all. Nervous about what's gonna happen.

Don't get me started on Manny wanting to leave (again). I can't handle all this at once. And we thought there'd be nothing to write about after the season.

Nice pics, Criss. Great thing you put together there. And the nerve to tell me to stop reliving the good ol' days of last season! Wait 'til the anniversary of the parade (Did I miss that?)! =) -Roxy

Boston Globe File Photo; Boston.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home