Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mixed Bag of Surprises

''I think that lacked respect last night," Torre said. ''I didn't think it was the right way to react.

''I was very disappointed in the fans, especially given how long it took Boston to win a world championship. Without him, they're probably still waiting for one." Boston Globe 5/3/06

Get real, Joe Torre. What did you expect us to do, throw kisses and blow bubbles?! Seriously, if Jeter did that and left to Boston after saying something like "I could never play in a Red Sox uniform..." or something about it not being about the money? NY wouldn't boo? AND ON TOP OF THAT, what? We didn't have any other players doing a good job? Papi? Manny? Varitek, even Millar stepped up. Even Bellhorn had pivitol moments. Get Out! Every player had some component that helped win. There were streaks when Damon wasn't hitting. Remember?! I don't want to talk about this. Sounds like bitterly sour grapes.

And, Dear Criss, I'm glad someone's covering basketball. So keep the reports coming. I'll keep the dry sarcasm toward it coming when necessary.

Oh, and sorry to make this so long as usual, but I read something on Boston Dirt Dogs that SI's Verducci was incinuating that MY VARITEK and Trot Nixon were on steroids?!!! I don't even want to HEAR IT from him!!! Go move in with Joe Torre.

So my Sox-Blue Jays game yesterday was a nailbiter and we lost, but it was really good and the Sox actually put in some effort. Right now, I checked the score and it looks good. You're right, by the way (gasp). Two-day series?! Huh?

Roxy

AP Photo,Elise Amendola; YahooSports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home