Friday, May 25, 2007

Rookies

Our rookie pitchers seem to be the driving force of the pitching staff, Dear Roxy. That's okay with me as long as we keep winning!

This Red Sox-Yankees series was a lot better for the Yankees this time around... hopefully we can continue this trend. I feel as if I say this everytime I write on the blog but it's the truth.

Congrats to our ROOKIE pitcher Tyler Clippard for winning his first major league game and getting his first major league hit in his first start Sunday night against the Mets! He pitched like a veteran... not to mention he's only 22 or 23!



Congrats to DEREK JETER for getting his 2,214th, 2,215th and 2,216th hit of his career to pass Joe DiMaggio into fifth place on the Yankees' all-time hits list!!!! Is he awesome or what?!

We should all thank the Yankees for donating $1 million dollars to the Virginia Tech Memorial Fund. Thank you.

In other sports, I feel as if everytime I root for a team they end up losing. With this in mind, I will start rooting for the Spurs and Pistons :)

Have a nice and safe Memorial Day weekend!!!

-Criss

Photo: Mike Segars/Reuters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home