Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yankee Stadim: 1923-2008

Of course I'd be writing about Yankees Stadium, Dear Roxy! Why wouldn't I?

I missed most of the game because I was on a flight back from the City, but I was able to watch the last few innings and salute to the fans. That was very touching. And although I didn't cry, I did have a lump on my throat the size of Manhattan!

While I was there, guess who scrolled right in front of me? Tino Martinez! I know you know who that is. Yes, Tino! Right on Lex and 48th Street on Sunday morning! I didn't tell him anything because he seemed to be in a hurry, and I didn't feel like embarrassing myself. But I was told he was at the pre-game ceremonies. How perfect =)

I tried catching a game while I was there but they were sold out and/or too expensive to buy from an Average Joe. Oh well, I'll be sure to go to the new stadium some time this lifetime.
And before I forget, Congrats to Andy for his 2,000th strikeout! How fitting for it to be on the last regular game at the Stadium.
And since you recorded the game, I expect a copy... I wanna make sure I see the whole pre-game ceremony, which I was told was fantastic!
Speaking of fantastic, how about them Dolphins? Hahahah, my jaw dropped when I saw that lopsided win! Good for them!!!

And what's with Brett and Favre and Manning and the Colts? Come on, Manny! Snap out of it! I'm not used to seeing the team with so many losses, especially under .500!
-Criss
Photo: EPA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home