Thursday, September 04, 2008

Heck, Pedroia for President!

I love this illustration by Boston Dirt Dogs. The last time I wrote in, Dear Criss, Pedroia was en fuego. Tonight I'm back, and he's out of control! He hit a homer and a double yesterday and is batting .480 in a two-week period. What?! I'm still keeping a close eye on things and can't believe I need to constantly check on whether or not Tampa Bay won or lost. How 'bout Cora being the winning run? It's great to have a 'Cane on the team.

And now we can smell the new NFL season. I'm itching. Let's go! Hey have you seen the ESPN Monday Night Football commercial with MC Hammer? "Hammer, don't hurt him!" Oh my gosh, it's too funny.

But listen, take a second to read this story in The Boston Globe about a dad from Utah who promised to take his boys to Fenway. He was a veteran and an ER nurse, but died when his medical helicopter collided with another. Red Sox fans stepped up and made that promise come true. The boys went to Fenway and the players gave them a warm welcome.

Let's see what we can do against the Texas Rangers. Keep the streak going (no comment on your Yanks).

Roxy

Boston Dirt Dogs Illustration, bostondirtdogs.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home