Friday, August 15, 2008

All about the Olympics Part II

The Olympics continue to take over my life, Dear Roxy. Between the women's gymnastics and swimming, I don't have much time left for anything else.

And while Michael continued to break records and win another gold medal, Ryan Lochte stole the show by first winning gold in the 200-meter backstroke in world record time and the bronze just 24 minutes later!!! That's never been done before! I was extremely happy for him, especially because he seems to live in the shadow of Phelps and Piersol!

With that said, I just can't believe how great the USA's swimming team is... both the men's and women's. Keep it up!


I will continue to watch more swimming tonight. Hopefully we'll see Michael win his 7th gold medal. Ahh!

And on the other side, Nastia Liukin managed to win gold on the Women's Individual All-Round Final. Congrats!
She was, by far, my favorite. She looked so graceful out there. She also towered over Shawn Johnson! I was curious to see how tall she really was so I googled it this morning... she's only 5'2", while Johnson is 4'9"! She looks a lot taller than that; they're midgets.
I can't wait to see what's next!
-Criss
Photos: 1) Itsuo Inouye, AP. 2) Dylan Martinez, Reuters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home