Thursday, July 31, 2008

No More Manny

Wow.

I thought about this day for a long time - for many years. I've laughed at his nonsense, and I've balked at it. But in recent weeks, I have given up on his antics. I think I was sadder to see Johnny Damon go. I've had more lead time to contemplate Manny leaving. At least he didn't go to the Yankees. But I'll never understand the weird attitude, the comments to ESPNDeportes, ignoring the third base coach, shoving down an older man, coming at Youk, fooling around in the outfield - it goes on and on.

Why did it have to be this way? I hate it. I still have a soft spot for him, but I know it was the right decision. And I truly believe that we'll start winning again. There's been a black cloud of bad vibes with this situation. I feel a little lighter. Undoubtedly, Tito and Theo feel the same. I know Papi's gonna be sad, but what are we going to do? Live on with this uncomfortable scenario?

Yeah, that other night (why did we lose two out of three against you, Dear Criss) the commentators were a little annoying, but they usually are like that.

So we move to the next chapter of Red Sox history. What will it hold?

Now who's this Pirates guy?

Roxy

Photo: Jim McIsaac, Getty Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home