Monday, July 07, 2008

Sports Sunday

I'm tired from all the sports I watched Sunday, Dear Roxy. I think I'm done with sports for about a day or two.

The tennis match, the Red Sox-Yankees game, and the America of Cali "futbol" team were a little too much for one day.

Let me start with the Federer-Nadal Match! I mean, I was exhausted from watching the longest, most exciting and unbelievable match ever! They didn't even seem tired from playing all those hours. I couldn't believe the tie breaks and final and fifth set. No words.

With that said, Congrats to Nadal on his Wimbledon win! Well deserved!

I also watched my beloved America of Cali (Colombia) team lose in the finals to Boyaca Chico in penalties. I guess there's always next year.

But things got better as the night went on. The game wasn't all that exciting, but I was relieved to see the rookie Gardner hit a nice single through the middle in the 10th to win against your ugly Sox. We needed that win more than ever.

We play a 2-game series against the Rays starting tomorrow. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Congrats to Jeter, A-Rod and Mariano, as well as Uggla and Ramirez for making it to the All-Star Game. I can't wait to see them play the last ASG at Yankee Stadium. Should be a memorable one.
And the Brewers just got better with CC Sabathia.

-Criss
Photos: Ryan Pierse, Getty Images & Uli Seit, New York Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home