Sunday, July 06, 2008

We're Turning Into the Blog for Spain

Wow, you and I have Spain coverage under control, Dear Criss. My boy, Rafa Nadal, is the 2008 Wimbledon champ. Not too shabby. I didn't need the commentators to tell me this was the longest match ever. I don't think I can watch anymore tennis for about a year. There was way too much Federer love, however. I almost thought John McEnroe was going to cry - but McEnroe was my first tennis favorite, so I'll let it go. He was very nice to Nadal, too. The best moment: Nadal climbing over to the royal box after checking in with his fam.

Um, yes, getting swept by Tampa Bay was unpleasant. Since when do they have so many diehard fans? (Since the fight.) I was psyched to have NESN in the hotel - and they have "Breakfast with the Sox" so you can see the game again in the morning, if you missed it. Wow! Does it get any better? I soaked up as much coverage as I could get. Even when I lived there, I never had cable, so this was all new to me. Mmm. Post-game interviews?! Who needs other channels?!

So Trot Nixon is on the Mets? I had no idea he was sent down to the minors before that, but that's no place for him - hello! As long as he doesn't go to the Yankees, I'm cool.

Tonight, you and I face off again for game 4:4. Hopefully we can win 3:4. My boys have to get back the number-one spot.

Roxy




Photos: Clive Brunskill, Getty Images (Nadal)
Allsport, via ESPN.com (McEnroe)
San Grossfeld, Boston Globe (Trot)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home