Saturday, August 23, 2008

There's a Fleetwood Mac Song, "I Don't Want to Know"...

Okay, Dear Criss, I was reading a story in The Boston Globe about Varitek hitting a homerun in three consecutive games, then it mentions that going through a divorce probably hasn't been helping him at bat. A WHAT?! I literally gasped. No way! (He filed at the end of July.) I'm really not trying to get all NY Yankees-style gossipy, but rather I'm wondering if there's any hope for marriage when Varitek is getting a divorce. Now I hope, hope, hope, there is no dirt behind this on either party's side. I really do believe he is a good person. Let's not make assumptions, folks. Oh no. I know I sound completely dramatic, but just deal with me for a moment. There are no details available.

I'll try to focus on other things, like Jason Varitek filing for divorce - I mean like the Olympics. The diving was great, and those Chinese girls have some talent. Wow! I could've stayed up all night. You know, I didn't realize after Phelps that the Olympics didn't finish. Did I already say that? When do they end?

And back to the Red Sox and my view on life. The Sox lost today and I'm terribly worried about our playoff future. Drew has a herniated disk, Buchholtz needs to find himself and Varitek needs to be re-signed. Matsuzaka has been doing well, and even Lester only occasionally has bad days like today, but I don't feel a consistent effort to "want it." Do we want it, guys? Five behind Tampa. We can't go down to Tampa.

Let's make a commitment not to go down to Tampa.

Roxy

Jim Rogash, Getty Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home