Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bored

I'm bored, Dear Criss. I'm bored because 2008 is a lame sports year. Nothing to be excited about. Football is boring. The Bills being in first place in the AFC East doesn't do it for me. Ocho Cinco's new name doesn't do it for me. Manny's nonsense doesn't do it for me. I can see him with Pedro in NY. Big deal. Over him. Go. Join the Yankees while you're at it. I'm happy for Pedroia, who won a Gold Glove, but I lack the drive, excitement that makes sports fun. Or maybe its sports that lacks all this.

One thing that made me laugh (and that I listened to way too many times) was the Colorado coach's rant. "Go play intramurals, brother." If you haven't already heard it eight times, go check it out. If you have, check it out again. It's up there with "Playoffs?!" and "Practice?" Good stuff.

Roxy

AP photo, Kevork Djansezian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home