Sunday, October 19, 2008

Varitek is Like a Box of Chocolates ...

... You never know what you're gonna get, Dear Criss.

What a whirlwind of Red Sox good madness! The huge comback Thursday night. The competitiveness of Saturday night + the win. And now - game 7, my friend.

I admit, Thursday, I started getting ready for bed. I couldn't bear to watch them go down like that. Then my brother called (he is clearly more faithful), and announced Big Papi had just prescribed some justice. Then Coco was at bat for about 20 minutes (not really) just trying to hit a winner. That moment was sort of like the Dave Roberts moment of 2004, I think. It really kept us alive. And last night, Beckett just squeaked us by, giving up two homeruns and braking just in time. But we kept our bats alive and made it! Mr. Captain Varitek comes up big with a home run. He was due, because every playoffs, he hits one. Nice. DO IT AGAIN! Really, everybody contributed. Apparently, we like to leave the winning for the last minute. We like taking it easy the first few games. I'm getting more wrinkles.

But can we pull off the magic of 2004? The joy of 2007? I've got my fingers crossed and will be rooting for Lester and the boys all night.

Right now, there's no other sport I want to think about.


Roxy



Photo: Boston Globe, Jim Davis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home