Thursday, September 24, 2009

2004, 2007

So, Dear Criss, people are already asking the tough questions, like, "Who should we go with for the playoffs? Varitek or Martinez?" Seems to me that you put in the guy with the most experience who has come through for you and pulled the team through two World Series. You go with Varitek.

Oh goodness, Martinez is good. I have no beef with him. But all of a sudden we're unsure if Varitek can handle the playoffs. Who was catching for Embree, Foulke and Schilling in 2004, and Lester, Beckett and Papelbon in 2007? Who caught the endless innings in NY? I don't get it. I know he's not batting .300, yes. But let's not put him in a home.

And don't get me started about last weekend. BYU lost, the Pats lost, the Steelers lost, the Dolphins lost in a Monday-Night heartbreaker. You jinxed them because you love that Peyton Manning. It's all your fault because deep down, you wavered. And the Sox lost some games to Kansas City?! Are we just goofing off now?

I'm like you. I'm not looking forward to the October playoffs. We're not going anywhere. Mercy rule.

Roxy

P.S. Schilling's not running for Kennedy's seat. No comment.

Photos:
2004 'Tek/Embree - Jim Davis, The Boston Globe
2007 'Tek/Paps - Barry Chin, The Boston Globe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home