Monday, October 05, 2009

Warm October

ARod went into the last game of the regular season needing 2 home runs and 7 RBIs to become the first player to have 30 home runs and 100 RBIs in 13 straight seasons, and he did just that – in one inning! What a way to end it, Dear Roxy.

With that said, I think his great hitting will continue in the post season. Same goes with C.C. A lot has been said about these two in the postseason, and how bad they’ve performed in October, but I think this time it’ll be different. I sure hope it is, at least.

We now await the Tigers-Twins playoff game. It’s exciting and I’ll be watching the game, but I wonder if this waiting game will affect the Yankees in any way? I obviously won’t be rooting for either team, but it’ll give me an opportunity to size up the competition (because in my heart I’m playing, too).

The Canes and Dolphins won this weekend, as well as St. Thomas Aquinas. Good weekend for Miami-Dade County teams, well, except for FIU. They’ll get there though.

Peyton and Eli won, too! Peyton is now behind Brett Favre and hometown favorite Dan Marino for third all-time in TD passes. What a great feat. In the meantime, little brother Eli had a no-contact injury. New York fans are now holding their breath as they await the MRI results. Hopefully it nothing he can’t handle.

But back to baseball - Good luck, Yankees. Kick some post-season a**!

-Criss

Photo: AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home