Friday, July 08, 2011

Nearing 3,000

I start off this blog by sending my condolences to Shannon Stone’s son and family for his untimely death after a 20 foot fall at Arlington Park during last night’s game. It breaks my heart to hear stuff like this. You never go to a ballpark with your son thinking this will be your last outing with him. It just brings me to tears. May he rest in peace, and may his son and family find solace in each other.

In other news, I am anxiously awaiting hit #3,000 from one of the greatest Yankees and baseball player, Derek Jeter! I have a dilemma as to when I want him to hit it – if he hits it tonight, I'll miss it because I will be at the Marlins’ game and they probably won’t show it there, so that won't work (for me). And if he hits it tomorrow, I want him to hit only after 3:30 when I get home from work (it’s a 1pm game)… ahhhhh!!!!! Maybe he’ll hold off until then! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Can the NFL and NBA owners and players stop being so greedy, Dear Roxy? Mind boggling to me.

In the meantime, I can't get enough of Colombia and Copa America. That's soccer, Rox.

-Criss

Photo: AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home