Friday, June 23, 2006

I Paid My Dues...

Okay, Dear Criss. A big congratulations to you and yoooooouurrr Mi-aaaaammmmmmiiiii HEEEEAT. (Did I sound like the announcer?) Did you play hookie today and go to the parade? I hurt my foot and wanted to call in sick, but thought, no, 'cause their gonna think I was going to the parade. Anyway, I acknowledge that they did a great job to pull this off. I guess I was super wrong this whole time. But you gotta admit, there's a history that led me to think in such ways.

Great job. I'm happy for Zo, Wade-a-thon, Payton and Boston's old Walker (although I can't say I've been a fan of the last two over the years). And everyone else, of course, but it's nice to see guys who have been around, and one guy who seems really nice, win. Strange combo, but it worked. Oh, if only Stockton and Malone could've done it together in Utah. If only the local radio dude would stop bringing up that game 7 against the Bulls.

So now what? What happens post-victory? Post-stress? Post-parade and skipping work? I think I prompted this girl to skip. I asked her the other day if she was gonna play hookie for the parade and she freaked asking me about the day it was taking place. Now this is supposedly a huge Heat fan. Season tickets. Played in school. She should've been all over the dates and times and sunscreen and water. Anyway, next thing you know, no girl at work today. HA! I knew it. Love it! Boy, you know today I was thinking of my friend P (Sounds like a thug - she's so not!) who always tells me I'm in the wrong sports city. I was thinking about how cool it would've been to be at the Sox parade in '04. Sigh.

All about you today, though! Congrats. =)

Roxy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww... you actually listen when I talk to you! (Now, if only I could get a certain someone to listen also...) You are in the wrong sports city! Sorry, I've been so behind on this blog. Been out of town and taking care of things. Talk later.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home