Monday, June 26, 2006

The Jeter Lean


Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday, Dear Derek,
Happy Birthday to You!!!

As you might have guessed, Dear Roxy, today is Derek’s 32nd birthday! And did you know, as of 7:45 pm, Mr. Jeter has 208 hits during interleague play? Yes, that’s the most by any player! They just can’t stop saying enough great things about him during the game on ESPN Dos. Enough for now. But I’ll come back.

A big congratulations to Mike Mussina for his 2,500th strikeout!!!

:28/:58 Update: Giambi: 2/2, 2 HRs, 5 RBIs

Can you tell me where the hell did the Detroit Tigers come from? They are the best team in baseball! And the Mets are not far behind. Strange but true.

And speaking of the Mets, and I know I’m a bit late, but I am in a congratulatory state, congrats to Reyes for hitting the cycle sometime last week. Fun!

How funny was your coworker’s story. LOL. It’s a good thing you were there to update her. You should be getting a little gift from her soon. I guarantee it.

Speaking of funny, have you seen the Gatorade commercial with Jeter, Wade, Manning, Garnett and Jenny Finch? It’s them in little bodies and squeaky voices playing basketball, football and baseball. If you haven’t seen it, you have to. It’s the funniest thing.

Oh, how can I forget about the minor league manager that went berserk on the umpire? Please tell me you saw it. He literally took second base off and threw into the outfield, covered home plate with dirt, cleaned it, watered it! Classic!

Moving on to the best sport in the world, USA is out of the World Cup. Sad to say they didn’t even make it out of the first round! Ouch. Somebody should’ve told them to show up.

Luckily, Italy is still there. Italy beat Australia today on stoppage time! Unbelievable!!! I really like Italy, but I have to admit I felt bad for the Australian team. I also like Ghana, they are the little engine that could.

And Switzerland was eliminated today during penalty kicks! And did you know that Switzerland is the first team to be eliminated without allowing any goals during regular time? Sad!

Hopefully Spain and Ghana will win tomorrow. And can somebody please beat Argentina. I just cannot stand Argentinean soccer players. They are so arrogant!

Did you hear that Agassi will be retiring after the US Open? Well, he is. He’s had a great career so Congrats to Agassi.

One more thing: The Big Unit is back!

-Criss
AP Photo: Kathy Willens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home