Monday, September 04, 2006

Pictures of Health: Making it Happen, No Matter What

We're gonna stay positive, but for a moment, may I lament over Jon Lester? I loved this boy from the start. He's still got promise; nobody better give up on him. Fight that cancer and come back to a standing O, kid. Dan Shaughnessy, The Boston Globe (9/2/06), summed it up well:

"The Red Sox are a big deal in our community and I wanted [Jon Lester's dad ] to know that thousands of people who have never met his son are now praying for Jon Lester as if he were a member of their family. That's what it's like when you come to New England and play for the Red Sox. The Nation adopts you as one of its own. People genuinely care.

Get Well, Lester. We're waiting for you to come back - whenever.

Oh, man, Dear Criss, it's incredible. Today, we're talking nine games behind. But today, The Man Himself, Jason Varitek, is back, and before I give up total hope on the season, I'm giving this guy one week to show me how he can pull this ship back on course and make us competitive again. Perhaps I am the only fool in Red Sox Nation who still believes that maybeeeee, maybeeee there's still a little chance even for the Wild Card.

And then there's Ben. I mean, stop it with the scares already - no more hospital visits. Now he's out of the Miami game and that would've been soo good.

So Big Papi decides to join the scare club. Thanks. Jon Papelbon, same. Curty Schilling, why not. Send out the well-wishes van to them, too. Everyone just stay well.

But then there's the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, so sad. I know it's off-subject, but aw, how terrible was that? I think everyone wishes that fam well. Unreal.

Let's work on good news posts for the next round. On a happy note, we welcome back Tek & Trot. Make us proud.

Roxy


Photos
Lester: Stephen Dunn, Getty Images
Tek: Winslow Townson, AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home