Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cory Lidle



Cory Fulton Lidle
1972 - 2006


As you may have heard, Dear Roxy, Yankee pitcher Cory Lidle died in a plane crash in NYC this afternoon. I remember reading the news when it'd just happened. Later on, my dad was the one that called to me to tell me it was a Yankee who'd died. Unfortunately, Cory's dad also found out through the TV. It's a shame he had to find out that way. I wish Cory's wife, young son, and family my condolences.

I remember when he was traded to the Yankees along with Abreu.

And I remember writing in our blog about how I didn't know much about him but was glad to have him.

Although Cory was a Yankee for a few months, I remember the first game he won for us. It was his first start as a Yankee. And though he wasn't overpowering, he was a good pitcher with a bigger heart.

I remember listening to the story about Giambi and Cory being high school teammates in California and how glad they were to be reunited.

And all we all have now as Yankee fans, sports fan, and as a baseball family, is memories.

Here's to Cory Lidle.

May he rest in peace.

-Criss


Photos: Mary Altaffer, AP & Charles Krupa, AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home