Monday, January 22, 2007

And then there was the Super Bowl-bound Colts

Yes, I am ecstatic, incredibly happy and thrilled to see that Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy and the rest of the Colts are finally going to the Big Game, Dear Roxy!

I wasn’t having any fun during the first half and neither was Peyton. I could see how frustrated the guy was. I couldn’t believe we were down by 18 points!

Tony wasn’t having any fun either and must have given the Colts an earful during halftime because they came out to fight. And fighting they did! The Colts had tied the game at 21!

That back-and-forth scoring was the kind of game I wanted to see. Not good for the nerves or the nails!

And then that running touchdown by Addai with exactly one minute left! The longest minute of my life, and the Colts’ too. I could hardly watch it. But I had to do it for Peyton… poor Peyton couldn’t bring himself to watch it. He’s been there before and with the same team – the last minute scoring by Tom Brady and the Patriots. But not this time. This was Peyton’s time. Long awaited time.

The Colts are going to the Super Bowl! I'll see you soon, Peyton ;) lol

Sorry Rox, I know you're hurting but I've been there before... and at your expense. Maybe I don't feel that sorry. Still pondering about that.

Congrats to the Bears although I was rooting for the sentimental-favorite Saints.

And I guess I should add that Lovey Smith and Tony Dungy are the first African Americans to lead their team to the Super Bowl. It's hard to imagine no one has done it before though.

- Criss

Photo: AP, Amy Sancetta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home