Sunday, January 07, 2007

Just Right

"Just right" as in, just enough suspense in the first half of today's Pats - Jets game, and then in the second half - WHAM! The points added up. I admit, Dear Criss, I was worried about today's game. A little. Not like last year's Steelers playoff appearances where I could barely eat without feeling like my stomach may betray me, but just like, "Hmm." Only because, my Pats blew a few strange games this year. So now, it's on to San Diego to face LaDainian and Co. But you know what? My guys have talent, too. I won't lose sleep, but it's gonna be good.

Okay, now that you have rooted against my Pats for the Jets and can move on to your darling Colts next week, you can start thinking about the Saints. It's times like these when I wish I wasn't such a sports isolationist, not caring about the other teams but only my own. Usually, toward the end of the season, I will try to watch some of the contenders playing so I know what to expect. Unfortunately, all I have to go with is Sportcenter highlights I saw over the last months.

But it all doesn't matter, because me and my fellow three Pats fans in town (two of which were in the supermarket today - I don't know them, but we're all still a Pats family) will be rootin' for Tommy, Maroney, Bruschi, Vrabel, Gostkowski, Asante, Corey and Co. Maybe coach won't knock over any photographers next week.

Roxy

Boston Globe photo: Jim Davis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home