Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fragments of Thought

Well, Dear Criss (currently on leave), I suppose this will serve as good catch up when you’re back (come back). Things we never discussed:

Like J.D. Drew. I wasn’t sure if I could believe the security guard at work, and since I’ve been spending extra time there, I am not aware of any type of news – not even the weather. So, it’s true, but what’s also true is one of my least favorite players, Mr. Once-Upon-A-Time Devil Ray Lugo, is now a part of my Sox. NOOOOOOO!!! Oh, yes, excuse me, the Devil Rays are moving away from the "Devil," so the Rays. I’m not cheering for that Devil Ray. Not after years of cheering against him. I don’t think I can soften up for some of that. Not for anyone who plays at a place called Tropicana Field. I will just cheer for the team when he’s up. I will focus on Drew. Drew better produce. He better be so incredible, I’m gonna want his jersey (I'm not buying it even if he is good; I got other player T-shirts to buy first). He better make the three-hour drive to Ft. Myers worth every minute.

My Kaplar has retired and will manage Single-A Greenville. And Lester is doing well. So that’s what’s up with the Red Sox, friend. What’s up with the Yankees – oh, yeah, I don’t care!!! HAHAHAHAHA! (cackle, cackle) You can't say anything! It's great. What will I do without Gabe? Seriously, who’s gonna be at Spring Training?!!! I can’t deal. I went to two games last year and Varitek doesn’t show up. Someone tell him he better be there. With ice cream and a lemonade for me. This concludes my Blog of Fragments.

Roxy

Boston Globe Staff Photo: Stan Grossfeld

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home