Monday, November 20, 2006

Nobody Does it Better than Jerry

Let's not forget, Jerry Rice came close to being the dancing champ last season. And as much as I have been anti-Cowboys over the years, Emmitt was good, Dear Criss... So Dallas beat the Colts. That Romo's outta control!

But speaking of Jerry Rice. He officially retired this weekend as a 49er. What a legend. I mean, I can't even believe this quote from the SF Chronicle:
"Bill Walsh took a chance and he brought me here to San Francisco,'' Rice said. "I love that guy with all my heart because when I got here, I was dropping passes all over the place. Bill Walsh saw something in me. I was able to endure it and fight through it.'' (All the best to Walsh, the West Coast offense guru, who's battling leukemia.) He then asked Steve to throw him a toss, caught it, and spiked it. Ah, the good old days. The 49ers are coming back! Look out, 5-5! Frank Gore from UM is on that team; come on, root with me. (Thanks to P for alerting me of this ridiculous plan to move the team from SF - NEVER!!!!)

On the Red Sox front, Cora got a two-year deal. Strong work for the Pats shutting out Green Bay (I know, I know); and Ben also came through in a close one with the Bengals. All I have to say is next week, Bears-Pats. Holy cow, I just can't contain myself. I think I'll go do some sprints.

Roxy

P.S., I'm on vaca this week!


AP Photo: Jeff Chiu


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home