Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blog Hog Moment: Spring Training Part II

Okay, so I didn't see Varitek for the second year in a row, Dear Criss, but I did see Millar. And you know I love Millar. I still feel like he's toned down with the Orioles, only because they are a boring group in comparison to the spirited Red Sox (particularly the 2004 band). He signed about everybody's autograph, tossing balls back and forth into the stands. He even went and got a ball from one of the guys for someone who neeeeeeded an autograph. He's the best. BRING BACK MILLAR!!!!

Anyway, it was a beautiful day in Ft. Lauderdale , and I was about 8 feet from Youk, but could have been 8 inches from him if I stayed in my spot by the fence for 8 more seconds. Seriously, I can't even talk about it anymore. For the first time, I get my mom to come to spring training, and when she doesn't see the hot shots of the team she stares ahead and says, "This is the first and last [time]." Oh my gosh! It's no guarantee (but I know, it's not cool at all) that Varitek or Matsuzaka will be there, but I tried to reassure her that the solution is just coming to more games next year. That's all.

So here's to Millar who still makes me happy and a lot of Sox fans who gave him lots of love when he came up to bat.

Roxy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home