Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Training FUN! Pass the Burger!

I guess I missed out on a few things, according to your posts, Dear Criss.

Listen, I'm a little delayed on the photos (brother has them), but I had an awesome time at spring training! Since then, I've missed fights with the Tigers (when did Sheffield become a Tiger?), I missed Peyton on SNL (actually, I wasn't interested), and I miss FT. MYERS ALREADY!!!!

Anyway, I saw the Sox play the Dodgers and Nomar was there. You could hear everyone shouting, "No-MAH!, No-MAH!" The whole crowd was showering him with love, it was great. Manny and Papi were there, Mirabelli, Coco, but guess who wasn't... OH MY GOSH, VARITEK! Seriously, it's like a joke. Does he check to see when my game is and take the day off? No, actually, he was playing in Jupiter. =( I did see the new pitcher Okajima and Beckett was pitching, but you know I'm not super fond of him. It was like a hippy community. Everyone was so happy. There were these two girls who came a little late, and one had an incredibly deep and annoying voice that got worse as the alcohol increased (at one point, yes, there was a can in a paper bag). The normally quiet, well-behaved crowd at what seems like a golf match started getting annoyed. Parents moved or left with their children, and when she yelled out the wrong player at bat, she was audibly corrected by a fan sitting further away (tee hee).

Otherwise, hippy bliss.

And Sunday, some more action, but in Ft. Lauderdale! Matsuzaka (spotlighted on NBC News tonight) and Varitek better be there and ready! And Millar!

Roxy

AP Photo: Brita Meng Outzen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home