Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Not giving up


Yes, Dear Roxy, the Sox have come back again. Blah blah blah! You are forgetting, however, that they sure did look destructible at one point or another. That gives those mighty Rockies something to hope and fight for. And Coors Field shouldn't be a field trip for the Sox either. It should be a hell of a series... if the Rockies win! The last think I want to hear is you bragging all winter about your boys. Enough already!

In other baseball news, oh, Torre! Although I am extremely saddened that Torre won’t be coming back to manage the Yankees, I am glad to see him leave on his own terms, sort of. Any other team would’ve given him a lifetime contract. But no, not the Yankees. Instead, they offer him a pay cut! And I’m not saying $5 million is pocket change, but come on?! Torre has taken us to the playoffs 12 years in a row, has won 10 AL East titles and 6 AL pennants, 4 world championships AND 3 in a row! Who else has done that? No one! How am I suppose to watch Yankees games without Torre on the bench? He’s the only Yankees manager I’ve seen… the one that made me care for the Yankees, other than Jeter. This is, in fact, the end of a legacy… the only one I’ve known. [Insert tears here].

And on to other sports-related news, it seems everyone has forgotten about the undefeated Colts! Well, they reminded everyone, myself included, last night that they’re still better than ever. Everyone keeps talking about Brady and the Pats, but the Colts are there as well. Let’s keep at it!

Too bad I can’t say the same about the winless Dolphins. This season keeps getting worse and worse. I think they’re playing for next year’s first-round pick, or at least it seems like it.

The Canes managed a win against the Noles! That was a great end to what seemed like a Noles eventual win! Glad to see they didn’t give up.
And since giving up is out of the question, there's always next year, Yanks, there's always next year.
-Criss
Photo: Phil Coale, AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home