Thursday, June 05, 2008

Yankee Great

He's done it once again, Dear Roxy. Derek Jeter has passed another Yankee great. This time, he stands alone at #3 in all-time Yankee hits as he surpassed Mickey Mantle during the third inning of last night's game. He stands behind the Babe and Lou Gehrig! Great company, isn't it?

Joba finally started a game! Not a great start, but a start nonetheless. He got a no decision as the Yankee's bullpen lost the game. Ouch! Without Joba there, what are we to do?

In other news, I finally watched a hockey playoff game. I watch part of the third quarter and some of the OT of Tuesday night's game. I couldn't stay up to watch the Penguins win but I was glad they did, as I found myself rooting for them.

Sad to see they lost last night, but Congrats to the Detroit Red Wings for their great win and championship!

And I'm afraid I'll be rooting for the Celtics in the NBA playoffs, Rox. Not because it's Boston, but because I cannot stand the Lakers! Watch me eat these words.

-Criss

Photo: Kathy Willens, AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home