Wednesday, July 15, 2009

AL Wins... Again!

You're right, Dear Roxy. We no longer share first place but I feel confident in the way the Yankees are playing. Only time will tell.

And I, unlike you, like the All-Star Game. It gives me a chance to hear about great players I don't normally do. Like Lincecum for example. I've never heard of him until this week. I've seen his commercials and wondered if he was a real MLB player, hehe. I don't have to wonder anymore.

I really enjoyed the pre-game ceremony, including the locker room video of all the players meeting the President. Everyone looked like they had a good ol' time.

If I was to say anything negative about the All-Star Game, it would be about guys getting injured, and in this case, Jeter getting hit! I held my breath for a few seconds just like everyone in the Yankee organization, Rox. Thankfully, nothing bad happened.

Other than that, the AL has won it again. I have to say pitching and defense won and lost the game. Carl Crawford's winning catch sealed it for the AL and its World Series home-field advantage.

Although Papelbon almost lost it (twice) for the AL, he pulled through with a scoreless inning and eventually the win. Joe Nathan and Mariano Rivera, with his All-Star record 4 saves, did the rest!

I did feel sorry when I figured out that Tim Wakefield didn't get to pitch, but not as sorry as this guy. Pretty hysterical if you ask me. Not everyone gets to play in the game, random sports writer, deal with it.

Anyway, I look forward to the second half of baseball. And most importantly, looking for a strong Yankee second half and hopefully first place finish!

PS: Congrats to the Milwaukee Brewers' Prince Fielder for winning the Home Run Derby! Good to see a former Yankee's son playing and doing great.
-Criss
Photos: Mike Stone, Reuters; John Gress, Reuters; John Mabanglo, European Pressphoto Agency; Jeff Haynes, Reuters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home