Thursday, July 09, 2009

Hits Ya Right Here

Wow, the sad stories have to stop. The news about McNair was terrible. It still is. I can't believe he could just go like that. Awful. (And the Jackson memorial ... I think now that perhaps he was just misunderstood.) We need some good things to happen.

So what has been going on in sports, Dear Criss? Well, Nomar returned to Fenway - a clearly emotional journey. Can you sign someone in baseball for just two games or something so you can play your last game with the team of your choice and retire with them? I mean, they do it in football (and I can't remember an example right now, but I vaguely know that I know this). It would be nice to do with Nomar. Look at his press conference. He's aching! But the crowd gave him a great ovation, which was very nice. Otherwise, my boys have been unreliable and ready to blow the first place lead, because that's how we roll.

And don't laugh, but I didn't realize that Shaq is now with LeBron. Rasheed Wallace with the Celtics?! How about Ray Lewis with the Patriots? Why not? Let's go all the way with weird matches. But I will admit, the Cavs needed some help and will be dangerous now.

Roxy



Photo: Jim Davis, The Boston Globe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home