Sunday, July 19, 2009

So, once again the Blue Jays totally eat us up alive, Dear Criss. And who was the only one to beat them? Buccholtz, in a beautiful showcase and coming home party - sort of. He's back in the minors now, but I just have to emphasize that we should not trade him nor leave him bitter down in Rhode Island. No, no, no! For a moment I wondered if they were just showing him off on Fri. to try and trade him or if they were trying to keep him happy. Dunno. Just don't trade him, trade Penny. If someone can give me three reasons to keep Penny and three consecutive outings were he gets a win, then I'll eat my words.

But hey, the Winter Classic is gonna be at Fenway. What a great idea. And whoever thought of an outdoor New Year's game a few years ago is a genius. I don't really like watching hockey on t.v., but when this is on, I do. My old sports journalism professor would turn his back yard into a skating rink every year. He's now passed on, but he would have been at this game. No doubt. Even if he had to sneak in, he'd be there.

Otherwise, kinda quiet in our sports world. Ben Roethlisberger and Jerry Rice were at one of those celebrity golf games. Jerry is in extraordinary shape as always. And golf is still boring (not as much as soccer).

That's all from my corner.

Roxy

P.S. I don't even want to talk about them not playing Wakey. What an INSULT!

AP photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home