Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Candlelight

Please, Dear Criss. Why don't you go light a candle and bow down to those incredibly wonderful and sweet Yankees of yours who are just hitting every record and helping old grandmas cross the street?

Now the crazy (but we love him) security guard at work decided that he will root for the Red Sox because he (as in your kind) doesn't want to go up against the Angels. Thanks. Will you root for my Sox, too, then? I know you secretly do. By the way, when I heard the crowd gave Varitek a standing ovation during the last regular season game on Sunday, I had to contain myself. Where's the Kleenex?

But how about that Brett Favre? Wow. Was he going crazy or what? That was quite the statement he made with such a performance. He just looked like he wanted it, like he was, as the players say, "hungry." There was passion and drive. It's one for the archives. Hope NFL Films caught that one. And listen, I've had my years of drinking the Brett Favre Hatorade (trademark by Criss) during the '90s when he would beat my Steve Young, but somehow after winning that AMAZING 1999 wild card game, I've found a way to let go and heal. Steve Young to Terrell Owens. I can hear the call that day: "OWENS, OWENS, OWENS!"

My Pats barely survived, and the Steelers didn't look 100 percent strong. But it's the W that counts, right? Everyone better be in the tape room today. No exceptions, Brady.

Roxy

Photo: Todd Warshaw, Getty Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home