Wednesday, March 22, 2006

All You Ever Do is Bring Me Down

I had this dream recently, Dear Criss, that Vinatieri was traded to another team and I saw him in the uniform and everything. Then the next day, I couldn't remember at work if it was true or not. Anyway, this was the result of the guy next to me speculating with his friend at the Ft. Myers game. Fast-forward to today. Here I am, at home (I called in sick today) with my tissues in tow and a hot cup of tea and a sore throat, watching SportsCenter, when I relived my dream - NIGHTMARE. I've never had my favorite football player traded in his prime. Baseball, yes, but I don't know how to deal with this in football. I know about my favorite player getting injured and eventually having to leave the game (Steve). I know the weird feeling of having one of your other favorites play for another team later in his career (Jerry Rice & Joe Montana - but really, Steve Young was always my #1). I know the feeling of one of your favorites selling out to go with another team (Karl Malone. NOT John Stockton!) This is new. Why'd he have to do it? Tommy took a pay cut! I heard about the new agent and all, but man, INDY?!! Slap me in the face while you're at it. Thanks for breaking my heart, Adam.

As for BroYo, I would've traded sweetheart Wells instead. Must have been the constant smile on his face that made them hold on to him. I will miss BroYo. It's sad, as much as I've been annoyed, it is sad.

Roxy

Photo: Boston Globe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home