Wednesday, May 31, 2006

2,000 and Counting

It was unfortunate that I couldn't see Derek Jeter's 2,000th hit, Dear Roxy. As you know, I was camping at Peace River. I left Friday night, drove through a thunder storm in the middle of Alligator Alley, got to the hotel in time to watch SportsCenter. ONLY to find out that the stupid hotel didn't have ESPN!!! What hotel doesn't carry ESPN? The Days Inn in Arcadia, that's who!

Anyway, Congrats, Jeter!!!! And here's to 2,000 more :)

How about those Yankees? We are tied for first, with the Blue Jays trailing not far behind. It sounds like it's gonna be a looooong season!

And we need to get healthy!!! No Sheff, Damon and Jeter last night! Scary!!! I couldn't even recognize the lineup. And it's a good thing Moose gave the bullpen a good night's rest, especially after Rivera worked three full innings the night before.

I believe we play each other Monday!

About time Clemens made up his mind! Now he can live happily ever after.

And I suppose a congrats in in order for Barry's 715th home run****

I heard Coco Crisp won't be returning any time soon, Rox. I guess they're gonna have to do without him....

A little bit about camping.... It was awesome!!!! We left early Saturday morning and came back really late Monday night. Needless to say, I need lots of sleep this weekend. Once the sun rises, there's no way you can sleep with it bearing down on your tent. AC could've come in handy. What can I say? I'm a city kind of girl ;) The mosquitoes were hardly an issue, but the love bugs were! They seemed to triple overnight! I could've definitely done without them! And don't get me started on the lack of bathrooms! Luckily OR not, there was a porta-pottie. Roughing it in the middle of the woods was hard, but I made it back safe and sound.

We heard a few of the Heat games up there. Couldn't believe they were up 3-1! Awesome. They hit a little bump last night, but it's better to win at home, isn't it? Tomorrow should be fun.

Read a little something this morning.... Since the Yankees and Heat were staying at the same hotel in Detroit, Torre and Riley had lunch together! Thought that was kind of cool!

Glad to be back in the city...
-Criss

Photo: AP Photo & AP Getty Images/Jim McIsaac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home