Friday, May 26, 2006

The Merry-Go-Round We Call Baseball

Look, Dear Criss (currently camping, gasp), I don't even know what you're talking about. But stop being so sensitive. If Mirabelli said it, I hear him. Don't mess with my Italian catcher. (You, too, A-Fraud.) What's with the nasty "Statue of Liberty" comment?!

Okay, so the Yankees got 2:3. We still have to play like 48 times this season! And we've been doing pretty well with you guys, so I'm not sweating it (yet). It does make me a bit upset. I don't want to tal about Matt Clement, a.k.a Abe Lincoln. When he's good, he's good and when he's bad, he's ba-ad.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO P, who got a Dyson vacuum as a graduation present. Congrats on the big accomplishment, P! (Graduation, that is, not the Dyson.) Here's to trying to make the cap work with the hair.

And my predictions - wooooo, lousy for basketball. I'll stop predicting.

Right now, we're playing Tampa Bay and they're my 2nd least favorite games, but I know they'll show it down here. OF COURSE, the Marlins are playing the Mets, so they won't show the Rays. Which is okay, b/c last night's game was the longest game ever! Glad we won. Fulkie's on my Clement list. Tha's all I got to say. Beckett kept it to 0, maybe 1 and Fulkie starts throwing like he's pitching to his nephew and wants the kid to feel good about himself. Everyone got a hit. I don't know. But Wily Mo goes on the Fulkie list, too, b/c he's like a big goon out there trying to catch!! A lack of catching. COCO!!!!! Come back.

Did I say that Coco and Kaplar are pretty close to returning? They were playing catch the other day. The announcers said my team can only get better as the season progresses. Finally some positive comments from the Yankee-loving announcers.

Roxy

Photo: Boston Globe, Barry Chin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, people are gonna think that I'm all domesticated by getting a VACUUM for a graduation present! To back that up... it's the best vacuum ever! I love it! Could have at least mentioned the new laptop so Ry wouldn't feel left out... Yay me!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Sporting Gals said...

I thought that was the funniest thing EVER!!!!! Remember that scene in Father of the Bride when she gets a blender?! HAHAHAHAAAA! Yeah, I want that vacuum, too.

Can I borrow it?

Roxy

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home