Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Varitek, Varitek and How 'bout More Varitek

"When Varitek came out to catch the sixth, the scoreboard flashed the news of his passing Fisk, which brought the crowd to its feet and caused Varitek to wave his hand this way and that to acknowledge the ovation before quickly dropping into his crouch.

"'You're very humbled, almost uncomfortable to a point,' Varitek said. 'But it's very appreciated. I was very honored to have the response that I had from my fans.'"

Boston Globe, 7/19/06

Okay, Dear Criss, today, endure my late celebration of Varitek breaking Carlton Fisk's (Rachael Ray's favorite) record for having caught the most games for the Red Sox. Of course, being out-of-market, I had to settle with the highlights. A one-minute standing ovation. I mean, if I were in charge, a marching band would have come out and bagpipers and the baton twirlers and country star Martina McBride, followed by Tim McGraw. That would have been my ovation.

Did you see the highlights with Will Farrell throwing out the first pitch the other day? Papi STEALING second?! Manny and Youk totally making fun from the dugout?! This is my mini-Red Sox Week in Review. Love it it when we sweep series we should be sweeping.

My deepest apologies to dearest Varitek for mentioning this in a post specifically celebrating his dignity. What is the deal with A-Fraud? I know you New Yorkers haven't quite embraced him, but.. PTI was asking, Should he be traded? I dunno; is there more to this that I'm not aware of 'cause I don't pay attention to your goons?



Okay, I won't talk about this now, but how Wakey has bruised ribs or whatever, I don't know. If it's from hunting or playing with the kids on the Slip 'N Slide, he better start taking care of himself, 'cause the last former goon I wanna see is Wells.

Giddy Sox fan,
Roxy

1) AP Photo: Elise Amendola
2 -3) Boston Globe Photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home