Monday, July 10, 2006

Viva Italia





Yes, Italia won!!!!
Cannavaro, Totti, Buffon, Grosso, De Rossi, Del Piero, Materazzi and Company can now breathe a sigh of relief after winning the World Cup, Dear Roxy, and honestly, so can I. Whoo-hoo!!! Italia!!! The game was pretty darn good. I thought my heart was going to come out of my chest when they went to penalty kicks. But luckily Italia won it all and I'm all good. What can I say, I am super.

Can I just add how hot these Italian players are.
I just want to start and end with Fabio Cannavaro, Italia's captain. No words can describe that smile. I could make a collage with that smile. OK, maybe I did. I am smitten ;p
It's a shame how Zimedine Zidane, France's captain and one of the best players to have played this sport, ended his last game. I just can't believe he did that. The question everyone is asking themselves is why. Why?!?!
I hope, however, that this incident doesn't overshadow his great career. He is a great player and hopefully he'll be remembered that way.

Anyway, the pre-game show was good too. Toni Braxton sang with Il Divo, and Shakira shook her hips with Wyclef. Overall, great performances and dancers...

But the best thing was the game itself. I am so in love with this sport. And as you should know, everyone else in the world is too. After all, it's the BEAUTIFUL GAME. I'll just have to wait 'til 2010. I'll see you in South Africa, my friend.

Ok, enough for today.
Time to Google Fabio.

-Criss

Photos: AP/Luca Bruno; AP/Michael Sohn
AP/Michael Sohn

AP/Andrew Medichini
Reuters/Jerry Lampen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home