Tuesday, August 01, 2006

How 'Bout the House Papi Rocked

First I want to say that after a post like your last one, I am reminded of how I have no idea how we are friends, Dear Criss.

Before I find a moment of joy, I have to sit here and CRYYYYYYYYYY because my Varitek, team sources have said, will need surgery on his kneeeeee. (Insert dramatic slap with a white glove across the face.) Currently, he's on the 15-day DL, but is that code for "Tomorrow we're really gonna slap you with 'won't be back this season'?" I am so not feeling good right now. Trot's out for like 3 weeks, but this is like the doctor saying, you cannot have ice cream for the rest of the year. I'm gonna be hopeful.

Don't you laugh. All I have to say is Jeter + Avon + cologne. What?! Yeah, your player.

On a lighter note, which was supposed to be the lead, did you catch last night's highlights? I saw the whole game and was going nuts at the end. Big Papi had a wild look in his eye at that at-bat. Then he hits that walk-off, and I was jumping in the air!!! He's ker-azzyyy.

Let's all make these games a sucess for Varitek, guys. Please, doctor, bring us some good news. Don't go sizing your World Series ring yet, my friend.

Roxy

Photo: AP, Mary Schwalm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home